Google is the most popular and widely used search engine with over 3 billion plus searches worldwide. And while many businesses recognize the importance of attaining a coveted rank in the first page result, not everyone knows the other effective method of staying “friendly” with the world’s number 1 search engine and the significance of claiming their business.
So in today’s entry, we are going to share a practical guide to claim your business on Google and increase your online visibility for your local business.
What Does It Mean To Claim Your Business On Google?
In essence, claiming your business is simply enlisting your company to Google My Business. To be specific, it’s a way of claiming your business information, location, and other related information on Google. Once this process is completed, Google will now show your company if local customers (or any users, in general) will search for keywords that are related to your business – along with all the necessary information like directions, contact details, a link to your website, and a “Call” button.
Reasons For Claiming Your Business On Google
- Google will be more likely to show your business in the results of the first page since you have given them enough business details on record.
- Online users will be able to find your business information very easily.
- Your business will appear on Google Maps whenever someone will search for your company.
- You have full control of the information that you want to appear about your business.
- Once enlisted, no other business can “claim” your company’s name and address anymore.
Steps In Claiming Your Business On Google
Claiming your business on Google only take a few minutes to complete, but Google might also include an offline verification process to make sure that only your company can claim the Google My Business listing. After claiming your business, you will now have access to free tools that you can use to enhance further the appearance of your search result.
And so here are the steps you need to do in order to secure a listing in Google My Business:
- Go to google.com/business
- Click the “Start Now” button.
- Search for the name and full address of your business.
- Choose from the different options:
- If the name of your business appears, then it means that it’s already enlisted on Google. Check if it has the correct login details for your account.
- If the name of your business appears but with incorrect details, choose “Add your Business” to edit.
- If nothing appears, then choose “Let me enter the full business details” and add the required information.
- Include a category where your company belongs as well as the business type and choose from 1 of the options that Google give you.
- Choose “I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location” if your company provides a service and follow the steps in entering the service area (in km or m).
- Agree to the Google My Business terms and conditions.
- Select “Verify” if Google will require to verify your chosen address by phone or mail.
- Congratulations, you have now claimed a Google My Business listing!
And there you have it, our practical guide to claim your business on Google. We hope that you will use this knowledge that we have imparted in gaining online visibility, driving conversions, and increasing revenues of your business.
If you need some help building your brand online, you can visit Axford Creative’s website and check out offerings.